The Schmidlin Family Farm is committed to preserving the land and the natural resources.
Taking Care of Our Beef
- We are not a feedlot.
- We rotate our fields so the cows have lots of acreage to graze freely.
- We harvest our own grass hay that we grow here on the farm so we know exactly what is being fed to the animals.
We connect with several agencies to assure our Natural Resources will be around for the next generations.These are some of our partners.
- The State of Oregon Forestry for help with our stand of fir trees and implementing a mixture of vegetation varieties.
- Upper Nehalem Watershed to assist with conservation of our water resources and natural salmon spawning.
- Oregon Fish and Wildlife Department as a partner with fishing and gaming regulations.
- My Land Plan for planning the future of Schmidlin Angus Farm with regard to every aspect of our resources and habitats.